Thursday 21 March 2013

Homemade Almond Butter

The other day it was my first time making my own almond butter, and it will probably be the last time. It took about 20-30 minutes to make and looking at the cost, it is probably cheaper for me to buy already-made almond butter from Costco (which is about $7 I believe). At Superstore, it was about $10 for 1kg of almonds. In this recipe, I used a little under 1kg, but taking time and clean-up into consideration, it is not worth it to make my own. HOWEVER, I did enjoy the texture and consistency of my homemade almond butter A LOT more. It was too addicting. 


Ingredients: Just Almonds!
(You can use any type, but I used raw because the almonds cook slightly when it is in the food processor for awhile)

Directions:
  1. place almonds in food processor and pulse 
  2. mix on low until the almond butter becomes the consistency to your liking (mine took about 20-30 minutes)
About 10-15 minutes of processing, it will become dough-like. Don't give up yet! It will take another 10-15 minutes until it becomes creamy like the picture above 


No comments:

Post a Comment